Planning of SW projects
You will be trained how to assemble project schedules which enables you to increase success rate of your projects. Based on practical exercises you will go through the planning process that is recommended by PMI methodology. During the training we will focus on techniques suitable for classic project approach. In order to have a comparison we will also shortly introduce the agile approach to planning.
Practical exercises will be held on SW ProjectLibre that is available for free. This SW is in its basic functionalities more or less analogous to MS Project.
- IT managers
- Business managers
- Project managers
- Introduction to Classic and agile methodologies of project management and planning.
- Collection of requirements and scope definition
- Creation of hierarchical work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Definition of activities and dependencies (Network diagrams, critical path, critical chain)
- Definition of resources
- Creation of estimates, estimate typology, risk connected to estimates, PERT method
- Estimates in agile environment
- Creation of schedule (ProjectLibre)
- Cost estimations and budget definition
- You will learn how to create a project schedule according to PMI methodology.
- Based on practical exercise you will learn how to define scope through WBS, how to create estimates and project schedules in ProjectLibre.
- You will learn the differences between the Classic and agile approach to planning.
- You will learn the most common mistakes.
- You will understand why project planning often fails.
Do you want to sign-up? Fill out the application form and we will contact you.
Why training from RedTie
We tailor the training content to participants needs for maximum benefit
Our lecturers have not only many years of theoretical knowledge but also practical experience in the given field
Our lecturers have gone through the necessary certification processes and have the required certifications
Our lectors have many years of experience in providing training
We will prepare tailored training for you. Just get in touch.
Prepared trainings do not fit? We can prepare tailor-made training for you according to your requirements.
Other listed trainings
We also specialize in project management processes
MS Projects for beginners
Date: Announced when capacity is reached
Preparatory course for IPMA Agile level “D” – Agile Associate
Date: Will be announced after filling the course capacity
Length: 1 day